What a year!
I need to pinch myself... The Nectary is turning ONE tomorrow!
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported The Nectary. Your likes, feedback, telling your friends, and of course orders, have very much made my dream into reality!
I wrote a similar post on the eve of The Nectary launching last year which you can read here. It provides some insights into my journey until that point including my slight career pivot, as well as the hopes and aspirations I had for the business... laden with nervousness and excitement in equal measure.
Looking back over the last year it is hard not to be proud of what The Nectary has achieved - especially in such unprecedented times. We have progressed from exclusively selling our two signature style bouquets each week from our lovely Ayrshire country workshop, to our first shop which is stocked with a wide range of florals, plants and eco-conscious gifts and treats. We have also been involved with more special events than I could ever have dreamed possible in year one!
The last year has been a bit of journey to say the least... lots of highs with some slight dips of doubt :)
Some special highlights of the last year for me include:
- Eventually opening our first shop in Mauchline (5 months after getting the keys due to lockdown)
- Never wavering from our commitment to being as eco as possible (despite major product and wholesale problems due to Covid and Brexit)
- The Nectary team growing from a one woman band to a gang of four
- Stocking and supporting an ever-growing selection of other local and national business who share our vision for eco-conscious florals, gifts and treats
- Fulfilling our 2,000th order!!!
- Being nominated as a start-up business of the year finalist for a National Award (winner still to be announced this weekend)
- And most important of all - SIMPLY SURVIVING YEAR ONE!
But now it’s time for The Nectary to start looking forward to year NUMBER TWO and all the new challenges that lie ahead. There will no doubt be plenty of changes in the coming 12 months as the disruption of Brexit and uncertainty of Covid continue... but we can 100% guarantee that our commitment to providing the freshest florals, luxuriously styled with planet friendly materials, will always be as strong as it was on day one.
And we are working hard behind the scenes on some exciting new avenues for The Nectary - and y'all of course will be the first to know.
Thank you all so much for your support ... please join me in helping celebrate The Nectary turning ONE!
p.s There's still time to enter out 'Nectary Style' competition here