We all know the perils that our natural environment faces... And The Nectary aims to bring people closer to nature but not at the expense of it!
This is why we provide you with beautiful seasonal blooms and gifts, sourced locally when possible, luxuriously wrapped in materials that don’t cost the earth.
All bouquets and arrangements from The Nectary are plastic and floral foam free - using only recycled, recyclable, compostable or reusable materials.
Here are ten decisions we consciously made to help reduce our environmental impact, and make it easier for you to choose an eco-conscious alternative, that doesn’t compromise on luxury:
1. We use plant-based cellophane that you can compost, including our aqua packs. Looks like cellophane but it’s made from plants. Crazy!
2. We are a foam free florist! Floral foam is ridiculously bad for both the environment and people. We only use eco conscious alternatives.
3. We provide flower food in compostable sachets.
4. Our flower care cards are made from recycled paper that you can plant to grow wildflowers.
5. We use beautiful ‘wrapping paper’ made from jute that you can recycle or reuse.
6. Our tissue paper is made from wood pulp that you can recycle or reuse.
7. Our message tags are made from recycled paper that you can recycle.
8. Our gift bags are made from recycled card with eco-friendly recyclable stickers. *We have now stopped using The Nectary branded sticker so you can either reuse the bag for another gift or simply recycle.
9. We use vegan friendly paper-tape made from recycled products that is recyclable.
10. We plant a tree in the Scottish Highlands for every 99 bouquets sold - to help offset our carbon footprint from our local Ayrshire delivery.
And we promise to keep striving to do even better and make more conscious decisions to reduce our environmental impact further.
Thanks for taking the time to read and choosing an eco-conscious alternative.
- Source blooms from Scottish and British growers if possible
- Use biodegradable, recyclable or reusable products as much as we can. For example, plant-based compostable cellophane, recycled paper and tags, paper tape, etc.
- Plant trees in the Scottish Highlands to reduce our carbon footprint